Qualcomm Adds New Cloud Solutions Providers for the Internet of Everything
“We understand the importance of diverse ecosystem solutions for cloud-based services in the expanding IoE businesses and segments,” said Joseph Bousaba, senior director, product management, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.“By integrating these key providers’ software into our connectivity solutions, we’re enabling customers to deploy solutions with the most suitable cloud provider for their industry segment.”
- Ayla Networks provides an enterprise scale IoE platform, accelerating development, support and ongoing enhancements of connected products for IoE.
- Exosite, with offices in the Americas, APAC, and EMEA, enables the world’s leading durable goods manufacturers in consumer, commercial, and industrial segments to quickly build and deploy solutions that capture the IoE generation of their business. Exosite provides an enterprise-grade, analytics-driven IoE software platform that allows OEMs to create economic leverage while eliminating the risk and burden of custom infrastructure.
- Kii, a global company, with offices in Japan, Silicon Valley, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing and Valencia, is an end-to-end mobile and IoT platform provider, which empowers device manufacturers and mobile application developers with the capabilities to deliver full-fledged scalable IoE solutions.
- Proximetry delivers software solutions that enable the management of performance critical, connected devices in the IoE.
- Temboo is a cloud-based code generation platform with more than 2000 processes for application programming interfaces and databases.
- Xively by LogMeIn is an enterprise IoT platform and application solution for enterprises building connected products. Each of these providers has committed to supporting Qualcomm Atheros’ Wi-Fi-based intelligent connectivity platform and offers a value-added solution or service including:
- Embedded client integration, secure communication
- Back-end analytics
- User interface, mobile and cloud applications
Quotes from New IoE Cloud Ecosystem Providers
“In addition to helping manufacturers establish and scale end-to-end IoE solutions, we are passionate about enabling manufacturers to gain data intelligence from their connected products to achieve everything from improved warranty services to iterating ever-better product designs,” said David Friedman, chief executive officer, Ayla Networks. “Integrating our solution with Qualcomm Atheros’ intelligent connectivity solutions expands the range of solutions that manufacturers can access for turnkey product-to-cloud connectivity opportunities.”
“We are very pleased to bring the benefit of integration with Qualcomm Atheros to the commercial and industrial segment for IoE ecosystem enablement,” said Hans Rempel, chief executive officer, Exosite. “The Qualcomm Atheros cloud ecosystem, coupled with Exosite’s globally available IoE software platform and regional IoE expertise, will provide a powerful tool that enables customers to quickly deploy secure, scalable, and insightful IoE solutions.”“We’re excited to further broaden our reach to device manufacturers and developers through our collaboration with Qualcomm Atheros,” said Masanari Arai, chief executive officer, Kii. “In addition to leveraging our carrier-grade scalable IoT platform, Qualcomm Atheros’ chipset customers will also be able to take advantage of our global IoT cloud platform including China, and our international IoT solution distribution ecosystem with Brightstar, a subsidiary of Softbank.”“Our expertise in smart device management in constrained environments complements Qualcomm Atheros’ leadership in IoE connectivity,” said Tracy R. Trent, chief executive officer, Proximetry. “Our combined offering enables new smart end-to-end IoE solutions as well as capabilities like device management and data harvesting that will drive value in the utility, smart cities, home automation and other interesting segments.”“Our goal is to provide flexibility to IoE developers to connect to multiple web services with easy to use configuration,” said Trisala Chandaria, co-founder and president, Temboo. “With Qualcomm Atheros’ intelligent connectivity solutions and Temboo’s production-ready software stack, customers can quickly connect their hardware to the IoE.”
“We share Qualcomm Atheros’ desire to help companies speed up their IoE initiatives as a way to transform their businesses and build deeper more durable relationships with their connected customers and partners,” said Deepak Puri, vice president, business development, LogMeIn, the company behind the Xively enterprise IoT platform and application solution. “We see Xively’s cloud connectivity, management and engagement capabilities and Qualcomm Atheros’ intelligent connectivity solutions, as a natural complement to help companies rapidly deploy new connected products.”
Photo/video source: Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash